With the growing success of our paediatric practice and the need for transitional support to young adults, we have extended our practice by offering high standard evidence-based, adult neurological physiotherapy treatments. Our neuro physiotherapists believe that ongoing rehabilitation is essential through the transitional phase as a child grows into an adult. Our evidence-based, hands-on neuro physiotherapy treatment and management plan for individuals with special needs are designed to offer continuity, promote progress and help young adults to be as independent and successful as they aspire to be within the confines of their disability.
Besides treatment, we offer tailored training and support to care staff, advise to college and educational staff on manual handling, positioning, usage of equipment, bespoke training to the staff for use of equipment, manual handling and home-based programme, advice on care plans. We will assess and devise a treatment for hydrotherapy or rebound therapy as appropriate. Our holistic approach is aimed at helping our clients achieve realistic goals irrespective of age or injury. All our services are carried out in the safety and comfort of our physiotherapy clinic in Leeds and are designed to help treat a variety of neurological conditions in young adults.
Our Treatment Approach
- Treatment to work on balance, coordination, postural awareness and typical movement patterns.
- Work on functional activities helping our clients integrate well at school, college and in the community.
- Work closely with schools and educational institutions to formulate goals centred advice and intervention.
- Treatment strategies to help clients get confident to be able to engage in daily activities like writing, eating, brushing, dressing, driving etc.
- Vocational rehabilitation, helping our clients get back to daily living activities with the use of gym, swimming, sports and other recreational activities.
- Strategically help and advise our clients on plan, structure, routine and train carers/ family on routine activities.
We are instructed by case managers, legal teams, parents, GP and consultants for initial assessment to identify client’s needs, achievable goals, formulate treatment plan, advice on specialist equipment and aid to facilitate ongoing rehabilitation. To instruct Kay and her team, please contact Kay Ganguly, Clinical Director, Consultant Physiotherapist & Expert Witness